Business Development Manager
Traverse City, MI US
Cornerstone Staffing Solutions, Inc. is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager, Cadillac, MI Area, who will be responsible for identifying and generating new business through sales activities such as prospecting, telemarketing, territory planning, cold calls, and relationship building.
This is an in-office role, with travel to client sites, where you’ll have the strong advantage of personal interaction amongst team members and clients.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement an effective sales plan to meet or exceed established sales objectives for medium to large size accounts.
- Utilize a consultative sales approach and follow a strategic market plan to develop new business.
- Perform daily marketing calls to garner weekly appointments.
- Use the consultative sales strategy to effectively resolve client objections and maximize sales activity within assigned territory.
- Evaluate and determine client needs and a plan of action to offer staffing solutions.
- Make formal sales presentations and follow-up calls to prospective new business accounts.
- Collaborate with internal service staff to ensure that accounts sold are consistent with service resources and candidate pool.
- Interface with appropriate field management to establish pricing for quotes and bids that are consistent with the company’s financial objectives.
- Meet/exceed performance expectations including weekly calls, appointments, and GP dollars
- Organize weekly sales efforts utilizing the Contact Record Management (CRM) system, including all contacts, activities, appointments, and opportunities.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-5 years of business to business sales experience
- Experience in the Staffing Industry a HUGE plus!
- Familiar with consultative, solutions-based selling
- Strong sales presentation and persuasion skills
- Possess a high sense of urgency and self confidence
- Work well within a quota driven environment
- Proven track record in sales
- Strong network of contacts
- “Hunter" – Focuses on new business development, quickly transitioning new accounts to service team with 12-24 months’ transition to maximize revenue
- Technology Savvy – Experience with LinkedIn and other sales CRM
EDUCATION & ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent time management, follow-through, and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Reliable transportation to get to and from client sites in assigned territory
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Cornerstone Staffing Solutions, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment